• Cool air kit included.
* 2.8 vs. 2.9 tests run at same cfm clearly prove 2.8 superior. PC (power consumption or parasitic loss) and DT (discharge temps) were lower with 2.8 and we can prove it.
Copyright © 2011 Kenne Bell, Inc. All Rights Reserved
• 50 State Legal 2011 up.
• Whisper quiet. No gear growl or clatter.
• Flash Programmer (Kenne Bell calibrated).
• Oil dipstick. No sight glass to discolor or stain.
• 24 years experience in Twin Screw supercharging.
• INSTANT BOOST. Optimum acceleration at any RPM.
• Integral Intercooler (no exposed pipes, hoses and fittings).
• Proven 6 rib belt system to 15 psi. Optional 8 rib for 8-24 psi.
• Bypass valve air is AFTER intercooler (cooler and denser air).
• Big efficient Kenne Bell “BIGUN Hi Density” intercooler and heat exchanger.
• The industry’s most complete and best illustrated Installation Instructions.
• Twin Screw supercharger. Lower power consumption and cooler air charge temps.
• Easy to upgrade superchargers as all use same oversized inlet system, throttle body, intercooler etc.
• “Exposed” supercharger runs cooler. Not buried under manifolds, intercooler and covers.
Who doesn't know that choking off the inlet of the supercharger kills HP? Nothing is more crucial to supercharger efficiency than the inlet system (filter, pipe, meter and throttle body). Starve the supercharger and it develops less boost, heats the air charge and consumes more engine HP to drive. Not good. It is also well known that the air flow and HP potential of any inlet tract is limited by the smallest component - usually the throttle body. To guarantee our kits produce more HP, we offer only proven superior rear inlet kits - the standard industry leading 4.5” Mammoth® with 168mm/2350 cfm throttle body and optional BIGUN Dual 106mm/3800 cfm. These big inlet systems coupled to the largest and/or most efficient 2L, 3L and 4L superchargers is why Kenne Bell is so dominant in Ford supercharging.
• 168 (2150 cfm), dual 60mm (1128), stock (967 cfm)
• 168mm standard on all 5.0 kits
• + 39HP @ 10PSI vs 80mm. + 24HP vs dual 60mm
• No expensive retuning and dyno testing
• Matching 4.5" Mammoth Cool Air Kit
• Same 168mm used on 3.2, 3.6, 4.2, 4.7 kits
• 50 State Legal
FUEL SYSTEM - The KB BOOST A PUMP and 72lb injectors supported 737RWHP on the automatic and 755RWHP on manual cars. That was max HP. Both will run low 10’s @ 16psi with 100% stock engines and suspension. And no headers, cams, heads, NOS etc. – just a 2.8 kit. The Boss 302 3.6L car tested for MM & FF Magazine made 845RWHP @ 21psi with a 100% stock fuel system and only a competition BOOST A PUMP and 80lb injectors.
The 2.8 Kenne Bell Kit with it's 47lb injectors stock pump and NO BAP will support max 664RWHP manual transat 11:1 AFR.
Note: Stock fuel lines and rails are adequate, so save your money on expensive dual pump and plumbing upgrades.
IGNITION – Firing fine with stock ignition so far. BOOST A SPARK will probably not be necessary until 25 + psi.
SPARK PLUGS - Use NGK 6510 gapped at .035. (included with all 5.0 kits)
INJECTORS - The stock 5.0 uses a new style “short” EV14 injector in lieu of the popular and longer EV6 style. We chose the 47lb EV6 long style injectors on our 9-11 PSI 2.8 kits to make upgrading to a 60, 80, 120, 200lb etc. quick, easy and economical. Upgrading on a Kenne Bell Kit does not require raising fuel rails with spacer kits, injector adaptors or new fuel rails.
Note: Stock fuel rails will-and do- support 1200HP. At least they do on the Kenne Bell and Accufab dyno engines we’ve tested.
CLUTCH - The Centerforce Dual Disk will hold 1000HP yet has the same smooth low pedal pressure and driveability as stock.
TORQUE CONVERTER - PI (Performance Industries) dual clutch converter for high HP applications Prototype worked great.
SUSPENSION - The Eibach lowering kit is just right for height and ride quality. Just add the Nittos and hang on.
TIRES - Nitto NTO5R’s are hard to beat. We also use them on our Hemi’s, Camaros, and Shelby’ street test cars.
8 RIB KIT - See "Accessories." 6 rib good to 15 PSI. Use 8 rib above 15 PSI on 2.8 and 3.6 kits.
CAT BACK EXHAUST - Magnaflow 3” worked best lowering back pressure from 6psi to 0psi at 610RWHP. Louder than stock but not objectionable.
ATI O.S. DAMPENER - We are working with ATI on 5.0 10,15 and 20% overdrive crank pulleys. Stock is 6.6" vs. 7.24”, 7.55” and 7.88” (+ 3PSI, + 4PSI and + 6PSI). We don’t sell ATI but it is the ONLY O.S. damper we’ve used that works reliably with the 5.0 and the ONLY damper we recommend. When using O.S. dampeners, use the correct 5.0” or 4.5” Kenne Bell 8 rib kit water pump pulley for clearance. Stock is 5.5” (6” with flange) leaving “O” clearance with an 8” lower.
Note: Since the Kenne Bell 2.8 is over 20% larger capacity than a 2.3, it will produce 5PSI more boost with the same size pullies (ratio). See what larger 2.8L superchargers do for you – 16PSI with the stock 6.6” dampener and 3.25” SC pulley vs. 11PSI for a 2.3.
CALIBRATION & CUSTOM TUNING - All Kenne Bell kits are calibrated in house except for “tuner kits.” Our 50 State Legal kits do not require “custom tuning” unless modified, so save your money. We do not offer any custom tuning for headers, cams, throttle bodies, injectors etc. Check with us for a Kenne Bell Dealer Installer in your area if modifying our kits or adding non 50 State Legal product(s) that may affect driveability, emissions and/or performance.
Note: All Kenne Bell Camaro, Hemi and Ford Mammoth Kits (8-26psi) utilize the same huge 1400 HP rated “rear inlet” manifolds fed by equally large 4.5” Ram Air Pipes.